Square-Enix [5,007 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/companies/square-enix”>Square Enix has released the “Final” trailer for Strategy RPG [121 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/rpg/strategy-rpg”>Strategy RPG Remastered Ogre Tactic: Reborn [10 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/tactics-ogre-reborn”>Tactic Ogre: Reborn.
Here’s a preview of the game, via Square Enix:
Tactical Ogrecrown jewel of the tactical role-playing game genre, reborn!
Based on the 2010 version, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as an updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactical Ogre that remains true to its roots. Tactical Ogre veterans will experience a game that surpasses their fondest memories, while new players Tactical Ogre discover a game like no other they’ve ever played. Reborn and deeper than ever, the game lets players immerse themselves in the world and plot of Tactical Ogre like never before.
The Valerian Islands, jewels of the Obero Sea. Long a center of naval trade, the islanders have struggled throughout history to dominate its shores.
Finally, a man rose to end this conflict: Dorgalua Oberyth. But history would know him as the “Dynast-King”. King Dorgalua strove to eradicate hatred among the inhabitants of the islands, and for half a century Valeria enjoyed prosperity.
Yet, upon the king’s death, civil war erupted again as three factions vied for control: the Bakram, who comprised much of Valeria’s nobility; the Galgastani, whose inhabitants constituted the majority of the population of the islands; and the Walisters, who were few in number.
The islands were soon divided between the Bakram and the Galgastani, and an uneasy peace settled across the land. Yet no one believed the calm would last…
- A tactical RPG [14,497 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/rpg”>rpg illustrating the struggle for control of the Valerian Islands.
- Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even its ending, with a gameplay system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story unfolds through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fates of those around him and alter the course of Valeria’s history.
- Fight tactical pitched battles on three-dimensional battlefields. Completely overhauled AI allows enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, delivering a combat system that always makes you think and never gets old.
- Class-wide level management [2 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/management”>management system used in Ogre Tactics: Let’s Hang Together (2010) moved to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft through endless combinations of classes, gear, skills, and magic.
- Enjoy a host of gameplay improvements, such as a faster battle pacing, auto-save, and a complete overhaul of controls and UI to make getting into the game easier than ever.
- The unrivaled character and background detail of the original Ogre Tactics: Let’s Hang Together (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.
- Cutscenes are voiced entirely in English and Japanese, and all music has been re-recorded with live performances! The voices breathe new life into the complex motivations of the characters who make up the shifting factions and political alliances of this epic story.
- When you advance far enough in the game, you’ll unlock the World Tarot, allowing you to journey through history with the might of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you’re wondering what a different choice would have resulted in, now you can find out!
- The return trip isn’t just about the story; The Chariot Tarot lets you backtrack up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying about getting stuck in a corner.
- Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.
Ogre Tactic: Reborn must be released on PS5 [3,497 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/playstation/ps5″>PlayStation 5, PS4 [23,977 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/playstation/ps4″>PlayStation 4, Switch [12,301 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/nintendo/switch”>Switch and PC [16,040 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/pc”>PC via Steam on November 11. Learn more about the game here, here, here, and here.
Watch the trailer below.
#Tactics #Ogre #Reborn #Final #trailer #Gematsu