Exes Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde have released a joint statement rebutting their former nanny’s claims about their relationship ending.
Sudeikis and Wilde started dating in 2011 before getting engaged in 2013. They share two children together – Otis, 8, and Daisy, 5 – but never married after splitting in November 2020.
As of January 2021, Wilde was romantically linked to former One Direction star Harry Styles, whom she met around September 2020 when he was cast in her film. don’t worry darling.
Wilde has maintained that her relationship with Sudeikis “was over long before” she even met the singer, telling Vanity Fair last month that reports that she “left Jason for Harry” were “completely inaccurate”.
However, in an exclusive interview with the Daily Mail published on Tuesday, a former nanny to the couple shared her own claims about the demise of Wilde and Sudeikis’ relationship, alleging that Wilde had “left” the family to pursue Styles.
The nanny – who was not named by the outlet but is believed to have worked for Sudeikis and Wilde for three years – provided alleged text conversations between her and the famous couple, as well as detailed anecdotes about her time at s take care of their two children.
On multiple occasions, she claimed Wilde’s alleged pursuit of Styles began when she and Sudeikis were apparently still an item, suggesting Wilde didn’t officially end the relationship until November 8 – two months after she reportedly met Styles. .
” Monday morning [of] On November 9, when I came back from a weekend off, [Sudeikis] cried a lot, cried and cried. I had no idea what happened,” the nanny said. “After getting the kids ready, Jason went upstairs and had a coffee. He was crying and messy saying, “She left us.” She left us!”
The Ted Lasso The star is said to have been “heartbroken” after discovering the full extent of Styles and Wilde’s relationship through text messages he found on an Apple Watch belonging to Wilde.
The nanny recalled an occasion at the couple’s Los Angeles property when Sudeikis was said to have been so upset after seeing Wilde making a salad for Styles using his “special dressing” that he “went out and walked away.” lying under her car so that she does not leave”.
“She came into the house and he came in, it was back and forth. He said he was doing it on purpose to make her late to go see Harry,” the nanny said.
Hours after the interview was published, Wilde and Sudeikis released a statement to People calling the nanny’s accusations “false and libelous.”
“As parents, it is incredibly heartbreaking to learn that a former nanny of our two young children would choose to publicly make such false and slanderous accusations about us,” the former couple said, adding that her claims constitute the “unfortunate peak” of an “18-month campaign” of harassment.
They concluded: “We will continue to focus on nurturing and protecting our children with the sincere hope that she will now choose to leave our family alone.”
The nanny’s interview has since been removed from the Daily Mail website.
Wilde and Sudeikis’ joint statement comes after several months of legal disputes centering on the custody of their children.
Earlier this year, Wilde publicly accused her ex of deliberately trying to humiliate her by having a bailiff show her legal documents while speaking on stage at CinemaCon in April.
A Sudeikis representative said at the time that he “had no prior knowledge of when or where the envelope would have been delivered” and would “never tolerate it being served in such a manner.” inappropriate”.
However, in legal papers filed months after the August incident, Wilde claimed Sudeikis’ intent was to “threaten” her.
“Having Jason embarrass me professionally and expose our personal conflict in this way is extremely contrary to the best interests of our children,” she said.
In the same documents, Sudeikis reiterated that he did not want Wilde served on stage, but apologized that his “special moment” had been tarnished.
“I understand that the bailiff had only done his job; however, I deeply regret what happened,” Sudeikis said in the documents. “Olivia’s conference was a significant event for Olivia, both professionally and personally, and I’m really, really sorry that the incident ruined her special moment.”
#Olivia #Wilde #Jason #Sudeikis #released #statement #denying #accusations #nanny