What do you want to know
- Minecraft Live 2022 is in full swing, with announcements and news for the future of the entire Minecraft franchise.
- During the event, Mojang Studios shared new details about the upcoming Minecraft content update, under version number 1.20.
- The update focuses on player expression, representation, and greater transparency from Mojang Studios.
- Players can expect new features such as hanging panels and chiseled shelves.
One of the fundamentals of Minecraft is how it grows and evolves over time, and next year will be no different for developers at Mojang Studios. At least one major content update is planned for Minecraft, and Mojang Studios has finally revealed some of its plan to deliver new content to players on Saturday.
During Minecraft Live 2022, Mojang Studios took over Minecraft 1.20, the currently unnamed content update intended for all vanilla Minecraft players at some point in 2023. expression, representation and creativity of players, Mojang Studios wants to add features that allow players to play more effectively the way they want, while being who they want. According to the creators of the legendary survival game, this update is to make Minecraft “Minecraftier”. This time around, however, Mojang Studios is approaching Minecraft’s upcoming content update a little differently.
One major change that Mojang Studios is adopting with the Minecraft 1.20 update is how it announces features. The Caves & Cliffs Update and The Wild Update have been mired in controversy due to a number of announced features that were later delayed or cancelled, such as Archeology, Birch Forest improvements, and fireflies. Mojang Studios is responding to community feedback and now only intends to reveal features and content that are very advanced in development and unlikely to be delayed or discontinued.
Intentionally avoiding announcing the full plan or even the name of the Minecraft 1.20 update will allow Mojang Studios to work even more closely with the community on its development, while only focusing on features that are almost in the hands of the people. players. This change, however, means that Mojang Studios only showed off a handful of features coming to Minecraft 1.20, with more to come in the coming months. Here’s everything about the upcoming Minecraft 1.20 content update that premiered during Minecraft Live 2022:
- Seven new default characters. Separate from the actual 1.20 update but related to the theme, Minecraft’s infamous Steve and Alex default characters are about to make some new friends. For the first time in years, players will have a choice of new default skins.
- The seven added characters are Makene, Efe, Noor, Kai, Ari, Sunny and Zuri
- Each character is visually unique, with a diverse range of appearances, including darker skin tones and even prosthetics
- The new characters will come to Minecraft in late November or early December 2022 in a separate update
- Camels. Alongside the mob winning the Minecraft Live Mob Vote 2022, the Minecraft 1.20 update will also include the camel, an alternative mount to the horse living in the desert.
- Camels provide a unique riding experience with a “dashing” ability instead of a high jump
- Camels also support two-player saddles, a first for Minecraft mounts
- Camels have a plethora of unique animations, such as lying down
- Passive mobs can be found in desert villages
- Camels are large enough that hostile mobs cannot reach players when riding them
- Camels can be bred with cacti
- Hanging signs. The classic sign that has helped players label and direct in Minecraft for years is finally getting an alternate form – hanging signs.
- Hanging signs combine bare logs and chains
- Hanging signs come in several varieties, including two chains when hung from below blocks, a single chain ending in a “V” shape when hung from a narrow block like a fence, and a post with two chains when hanging from the side of a block
- Players can change the color of hanging signs by using different varieties of wood to craft them
- Hanging signs are otherwise identical to regular signs when it comes to text input
- Chiseled libraries. An exciting addition with Minecraft 1.20 is a new type of shelf, one with a more polished experience that’s also fully functional.
- Chiseled shelves can store up to 6 books of any genre
- Players dynamically add and remove books from the library – there is no in-game UI menu
- Chiseled shelves support Redstone interactions, with comparators able to tell when a book is added or removed from the shelf.
- Using Redstone, players will be able to create secret passages of bookshelves and more
- The regular library remains in the game
- Bamboo building blocks. Arguably the biggest addition of Minecraft 1.20 showcased during Minecraft Live 2022 is a full suite of building and crafting blocks made with bamboo, bringing it in line with other types of wood.
- Bamboo can be used to craft like a wooden box, with unique designs for planks, stairs, doors, fences, and hatches.
- There is also a unique bamboo mosaic block with a more decorative design
- Instead of a bamboo boat, players will be able to craft a raft with a unique flat design
- The raft still supports up to two players, as well as chests
- Unrevealed or upcoming features. Mojang Studios has only shown features that they are sure will come with Minecraft 1.20, but there are other features that weren’t mentioned or aren’t coming with this update.
- Mojang Studios didn’t mention features like archeology or birch forest upgrades.
- The studio has confirmed that no biome updates are planned for 1.20
- Fireflies are still a possibility and are being discussed at Mojang Studios, but not for 1.20
- Combat parity between Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Java Edition is something Mojang Studios wants to offer, but it won’t happen in update 1.20
Image 1 of 4
Mojang Studios also announced that all features shown during Minecraft Live 2022 are closer than players expect, an exciting move that goes hand in hand with the studio’s new commitment to transparency and increased community involvement. . The first snapshots and Minecraft Preview builds for Minecraft 1.20 are just days away from release with the update’s first four features giving players a chance to get involved and provide one-time feedback. record.
Over time, Update 1.20 is likely to expand with new features and content, but only when Mojang Studios is satisfied that in-store features are nearly complete and virtually guaranteed to hit the line. arrival. In this way, Mojang Studios hopes to alleviate the frustration of Minecraft’s long development update times while adding plenty of new content to one of Xbox’s best games. Minecraft 1.20 will officially release for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and Minecraft: Java Edition in 2023.
#Minecraft #details #revealed #Minecraft #Live #including #camels #hanging #signs